Primary Information About us:
Gujarat Council on science & technology (GUJCOST) sponsored & recognized. Jaybharati Foundation organised district level community science centre working since last 9 years (Estb. year 2003-2004) in Surat zone & spread in Navsari,Tapi & Surat districts. Presently we all need to Learn & Use latest technology for this purpose Community Science Centre-Surat is working for providing scientific knowledge into the society through its different types of activities & Projects. Please visit our centre for more details about the activities & projects of the Community Science Centre – Surat.
Primary Areas of Focus:
- Educate Students about Mathematics & Science , Develop their interest in this field for further future.Remove their fear about Science & Mathematics.
- Jaybharati Foundation Ahmedabad organization is to develop a society in intigrated area, like economical, social & health, environmental also.
- To create involvement of the beneficiaries in the process of Development and ensure their effective participation at a greater scale.
- Established community science centre at Surat sponsored by Gujarat council on science & technology – S & T dept. GOG, Gandhinagar.
Community Science Center :
Year of establishment 2003-2004 Granted district science center by GUJCOST implementation number gujcost/2034/2003-2004.
Facilities Available at CSC- Surat :
- Science Musium : Live models for understanding the different science theorems & Exihibition.
- Laboratory : Equipments of Physics,Chemistry,Biology & Maths for 5th to 12th std students for different practicles.
- Library: Different Books , Video CD, Film , Magzine related to science.
- Space Education cell : Establishment of “Space Education Cell” from support Of ISRO & VACSC,Ahemedabad. Multimedia Equipments : Eduset Dish, Television, Slide Project, O.H.P.
Objectives of Science Center:
- To encourage people especially students & children towards Science.
- To provide various scientific activities to students at different stages of their age.
- To develop Scientific view among children and citizen.
- To organize and implement Science related activities.
- To explain importance of Science & its contribution in Social development.
- To create awareness among people about harmful and non-scientific activities to society like superstition, and conduct awareness programs for its removal in urban and rural areas.
- To organize various types of science workshops, training programs and other science attracting activities for students as well as teachers.
- To educate children and students about basic science in our daily life through science model exhibition and live demonstrations .
Development of Scientific temper and scientific attitude in daily life among people are very much important for Social as well as economical development of people. It is also important and very much required to create awareness among the people about superstitions from the society through scientific approach so that healthy development can take place in society. With an objective to accomplish this work, Science Center works through conducting various programs, activities , competition among children, training programs, exhibitions, etc.
Gujarat Council on Science & Technology,Gandhinagar.
The Department of Science & Technology,India.
United Nations Environment Program
National Council for Science & Technology Communication
Gujarat Energy Development Agency
Gujarat Pollution Control Board
Indian Space Research Organisation
Gujarat Electricity Board
Gujarat Council of Science City